Google+ House Revivals: Upcycle a Skirt into a Cute No-Sew Apron!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Upcycle a Skirt into a Cute No-Sew Apron!

I've been wanting to up-cycle a thrifted skirt into an apron like the one I shared about here.   But, for some reason, the idea of dragging out the sewing machine had me dragging my heals.  Does that happen to you?


Some would call that lazy, but I prefer to call it "energetically challenged"  :)

So, I devised a way to up-cycle a skirt into an apron without sewing one single stitch!  The trick is to find a skirt that has belt loops.




Start by cutting the skirt open in the back or on the sides.  Make your cuts about 3/4 of an inch past a belt loop on each side.


Next, use fusible hem tape or washable fabric adhesive to hem the raw edges.


Thread a length of pretty ribbon through the belt loops to create a tie.


Clip the ends of the ribbon and tie them into a  bow in the back.


It just doesn't get much simpler than that.  These are so easy, you will want to make several.  Enjoy!