Google+ House Revivals: Easy Birthday Easel Card

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Easy Birthday Easel Card

I recently wanted to make a special birthday card that had a little bit of extra dimension. Easel cards are perfect for this, as they fold flat to fit an envelope, but then stand up nicely on a mantel or desk.



To save time, I used a pre-made card base. You can usually find these on sale for around five dollars for a pack of fifty at craft stores.
At ten cents a piece, including the envelope, these are a bargain!


I gathered some Anna Griffin papers from my stash, that coordinated with my card base.


Making the easel couldn't be easier. You simply fold the top of the card base in half, forming a tent, as shown above.


To decorate the card, I ran my decorative card stock through my Cuttlebug machine, to create some pretty shapes. If you don't have a die cutting machine, no worries. 


You can fussy cut shapes, or use purchased die cuts, or use large punches, or cut rectangles, like I did with this easel card.


Glue your larger decorative mat to the bottom only of the card front, so that it sticks up when the card is "tented".


To hold the card in place, add a banner sentiment, that is "bumped up". You can purchase special foam adhesive pieces for this, or just use pieces of craft foam, like I did.


Embellish, as desired, keeping in mind that the card may need to be reasonably flat to go through the mail with a postage stamp. For hand delivered cards, you need only to worry that the card fit into the envelope. I don't recommend buying any new products to embellish your card -- just dig through your stash for buttons, or ribbons, or flowers or beads or whatever. Use what you have and bust that stash! 

To learn how to make a pocket card, click here.

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to House Revivals in the sidebar, so you won't miss the fun projects we have planned. Find us on Facebook, too, so you can catch all the "in between" stuff, and see what I'm working on throughout week on Instagram. Feel free to link today's project to all your favorite social media sites.

Thanks for stopping by!
Amanda